Sunêlia Col d’Ibardin campsite
Since sporting activities and relaxed evenings go hand in hand, Sunêlia Col d’Ibardin has put together a summer programme that’s sure to delight you. From hikes in the great outdoors to traditional Basque-style events, there’s something to suit everyone’s tastes. Enjoy a relaxing stay at this peaceful campsite in Urrugne!
Concerts and Dance Parties
Every week, relax on the patio and enjoy the good times.
There are real shows to catch in the Basque Country!
Every other evening, you can enjoy live concerts, magic shows, cabarets and beginners’ salsa lessons. Every Sunday, we celebrate the arrival of new holidaymakers with a welcome cocktail party.
Through regional folklore shows or local events, learn about Basque culture. Try your hand at the region’s traditional dance, the Kashkarot. Follow the music, jump and twirl along with the professional dancers to traditional Basque rhythms.
Every Sunday, as the sun sets, enjoy Basque gastronomy in a relaxed atmosphere during ‘Rendez-Vous des Terroirs’. Guided discovery walks are also organised free of charge to visit the French and Spanish Basque region where you can meet local artisans.
Spend it in the Basque Country
Take advantage of the geographical position of the Sunêlia Col d'Ibardin campsite to go hiking in the surrounding area, along Béhobia or Zugarramurdi.
Our multi-purpose sports ground, nestled in the foothills of the mountain, is open from May onwards. Have fun at the city stadium, where you can play football, basketball and volleyball.
Meet up on the tennis court or at the ping-pong tables and play a few games. The pétanque court, located near the bar and restaurant, is a favourite with enthusiasts who love to pointer and tirer.
Sports tournaments add to the holiday experience!
Ask your favourite activity team to sign you up for the sports tournaments as well as ping-pong or pétanque matches.
Work up a sweat in the morning by starting your day with a gentle fitness or water aerobics class.
This is one of the most popular activities of the summer, and it’s an original way to get in shape! With 3 sessions per week, why not try out the fitness programme?
Sunêlia Col d’Ibardin’s campsite will delight children and adults alike with its mini farm.
In the shade of the oak grove, you’ll find goats, llamas, donkeys and Shetland ponies. Your children will love meeting these calm and friendly animals.
Fancy a Spanish getaway?
Make sure you take the time to visit one of the most beautiful towns on the Spanish side of the Basque Country, just 25 kilometres from Sunêlia Col d’Ibardin.
San Sebastián is the capital of the Gipuzkoa province and there’s a huge beach there, ideal for surfing or swimming with your children. It is within walking distance from the town centre, so you can spend your days with your feet in the water at the Concha beach.
Fans of cultural heritage will be delighted with the countless monuments and museums in the town:
- Miramar Palace,
- Cristina Erea Park,
- Basilica of Saint Mary of Coro,
- San Telmo Museoa and many more.
We also recommend you visit other iconic towns of Euskadi (Basque Country): Hondarribia, Irun, Tolosa, Bergara, Azpeitia, Errenteria and Eibar. In these towns, you’ll be able to taste the local specialities of the Basque Country in the many pintxos (traditional Basque tapas) bars and cider houses (sagardotegi).
Hiking in the Basque Country
Your 4-star campsite is near the Rhune and is the perfect base camp for exploring the many hiking trails throughout Euskal Herria (the Basque Country). Fans of hiking will be delighted with the possibilities here, near lakes or for trekking!
- The Rhune: this hiking trail departs from the town of Olhette, just 1 km from the campsite and is suited to both people who only walk occasionally, and more experienced walkers. Come and admire one of the most beautiful places in the Basque Country on this 3-hour walk.
- The Coastal Path: just 10 km from the campsite, you can walk along the Basque headland from Hendaye to Saint-Jean-de-Luz. With the mountain on one side and the sea on the other, admire the magnificent lush-green scenery.
- The KakuettaGorges: this trail is well worth the detour, 2 hours away from the campsite! The whole family will be fascinated by the fabulous natural environment here, for a family-friendly walk.
- The Randonnée des Cols (mountain passes hike): this loop trail around the peaks of the Pyrénées-Atlantiques departs from Sare and is suited to good walkers.
- The Holzarté footbridge: this trail is for experienced hikers and will take you past waterfalls and mountain streams. Come and admire the magnificent views of nature on this 12-km route with a positive incline of 800 metres.